Saturday 13 July 2013

A fix of the city...


Here are some snapshots from Kampala whilst getting my fix of the city. A few days of shopping – it was supermarket and restaurant heaven after a few months of being based in Northern Uganda. Getting to Kampala can be an interesting experience – or should I say there are some interesting travel companions...the shot below of the chicken is particularly amusing as the girl in the picture was clueless that there was a chicken under her seat. Another time I travelled to Kampala, the hotel staff told me I must take the Post bus – their reasoning “it is safer because they pray first unlike on the other buses - and you need God with you when you travel. The bus took  an 11hour scenic route (should take 5hours)  - I even received a text message welcoming me to Kenya at one point - not so sure about taking the scenic route in future.
 
 
Above Bus Park in Lira
 
Typical bus journey to Kampala
 
Sunset in Kampala
 

Lake Victoria, Kampala
Jackfruits, an enormous strange looking fruit common in Uganda

No comments:

Post a Comment